Cabo Surf Hotel Goes Green
We take very seriously the consequences that result from damage to the environment and climate change on our planet. That is why, Cabo Surf Hotel is acting and doing something that allows us to go through this life with the greatest possible respect towards our environment, not merely as a fad or a marketing strategy, but as a real concern, where our goal is to implement better alternatives to treat and protect the natural resources through the implementation of better living and work discipline.
This ecological way of thinking resides on our hotel and food and beverage operation at our 7Seas Restaurant, we have implemented the following investments, steps and procedures:
- The separation and recycling of organic and inorganic waste, aluminum cans, glass and plastic, tetrapack, etc.
- The use of biodegradable detergents for washing linens.
- Creating and using renewable energy through solar panels and / or different types of green technology
- Minimize chemical chlorination in water treatment in our pool, using ionic systems and salt water chlorination.
- Use of high efficiency air conditioning units and pool water pumps.
- Use of of a wastewater treatment plant for watering gardens.
- Change of disposable non-biodegradable plastics for organic alternatives.
- Similarly, we seek to healhy food to our guests. We use organic and fresh products to the highest extent. We fry with soy oil. We cook with olive oil replacing butter and cream as much as possible. We seek to use fresh products instead of processed and packed ones. We bake our bread with whole grain. We make our own ice cream with fresh and good quality ingredients. We use fresh seafood instead of shipped frozen from far suppliers. Our fruits and vegetables are supplied in local farms to the extent they are in season.
With the desire to continue this commitment with Mother Earth, a special investment was made to make our new shore villas project ecologically in tune.
The following systems were installed on our new 14 shore villas, its spa cabins, its pools and new private dining room:
- Solar water heaters for use in bathrooms.
- Solar water heater system to help heat the water in the pool area Jacuzzi.
- LED lighting for inside of pool and Jacuzzi tub.
- Skin and environment friendly pool water chlorination made with salt water ionic system.
- 18 air conditioning Lennox units of 16 seer (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) were installed.
- Use of waterless urinals on pool restrooms.
- 14 Room, energy saving system through entry key card.
- Across-the-room ventilation is achieved inside our guest rooms with a retractable window installed above the entrance door.
- 17 dual-flush Toilets.
- 15 water-saving showerheads.
- Low power consumption lighting with use of LED ropes on room ceilings.